Update on Conona Virus
There is no higher priority to us than the safety and health of our customers. We are actively and closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus, and we are working hard to stay on top of this evolving situation.
As you are likely aware, the world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the virus named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). The health, safety and well-being of our community is always top of mind. We know many of you may have concerns with the recent outbreak of COVID-19 coronavirus. We hope this information will help address those concerns.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Review good hygiene with your family to help keep them safe. Examples of some routine, everyday preventive actions to lessen the spread of viruses include:
- If a client or staff member is sick, do not attend Sportsplex West events.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) currently rates the health risk of COVID-19 as low to the general public in North America. Clients who wish not to attend Sportsplex sponsored events or training, please contact the director, coach or trainer of your respective program.
We recognize this is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. Therefore, Sportsplex is continuing to take proactive measures to support the health and welfare of customers, employees and the community. If, and when, the CDC, Iowa Department of Health, or local school districts provide updated guidance, we will take appropriate action and communicate those plans via our website and through any other relevant communication channels.
Over the weeks and months, we will do our utmost to keep you informed while mitigating the impact on our services.
Stay informed and look for information on this virus and situation from reliable and trusted expert sources: