COVID-19 Updates at Sportsplex
Mar. 17th, 11:53am
SportsPlex West Community,
We first and foremost want to express that we certainly hope you and your family are in a safe and healthy situation. As promised, we will keep the health and safety of our community and our staff at the forefront of our policies and procedures. Our thoughts are with you and your families as well as our wonderful staff. We are a strong community and believe that we will get through this unprecedented time together. Simply put, we need each other right now.
Starting immediately we will practice extreme Social Distancing as advised by the CDC and the Iowa Department of Public Health. Clients are not allowed to congregate under our direction at any level until determined otherwise. The facilities are not to be used. Our staff has been working tirelessly over the last 4 days on how to deliver content, using online delivery systems and finding ways for clients to continue education in their respective athletic endeavors. Education and learning should not stop during this time and we are committed to delivering an abundance of such during this difficult time. Additionally, we are committed to being available to you and your children remotely. As you read this, the staff is developing several ways in which to deliver content.
As you know very well, Sportsplex West has a wide array of opportunities for athletes. Programming casts a broad net over multiple disciplines. Fortunately, each and every discipline has wonderful leadership that tirelessly creates learning opportunities in their respective field of expertise. We currently have programming and events at various levels of completion. These leaders have spent the last 4 days developing policies and procedures to provide safe, best practice policies for clients during this pandemic. Ownership has clearly mandated to all directors an unwavering message that health, safety and education are the pillars of moving forward in this uncertain time.
The following are actions currently underway:
- Baseball Leagues: Suspended until an announcement made on April 15th. The announcement on or around April 15th will provide the next stage of planning for league play. Many options are under review and as always we will use the recommendations of State and Local Government. In a best-case scenario, leagues may be pushed back into summer/fall. Blake Marchant the director will be emailing you with more information in the next day or two. Contact: Blake Marchant email@example.com
- Private lessons: In a tremendous effort by the staff to keep athletes engaged, busy and creating a habit of lifelong learning, online delivery is being developed. Clients will be able to take advantage of online LIVE conferencing in the replacement of face to face sessions. As an added online learning opportunity, clients will now be provided personalized daily and weekly assignments. Purchasing, booking, and editing of sessions will remain the same through the self-service portal, the delivery of the content will be done via video conferencing as clients choose. Please allow a few days for the online system to get up and running. Contact: Evan Romanchuk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iowa PowerPlex Volleyball: Teams are all at various stages of season completion. The directors are currently working on options to reconcile unfinished seasons and will be providing all options in the coming days. Participants in the program will be receiving an email related to such. Contact: email@example.com
- Jr. League/Academy – Will start no sooner than April 21st. Again, we will be monitoring the advice of our State and Local Government. Please look for an announcement prior to 4/21/20. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer and Beach Programming have not changed at this time. Registration remains available at www.iowapowerplex.com
Iowa Sticks Baseball: The directors of all teams and programs are actively developing online practice/session delivery and extended education opportunities for all club members and teams. They are working on the delivery of baseball education for all athletes similar to what schools across the country are implementing. Not only will members of the club be expected to ‘attend’ online practices/enhancements, but the staff is also assembling a library of daily and weekly assignments. Look for the plan moving forward in an email from the directors in the coming days. Regarding tournaments, leagues and game events, we are waiting to hear from the sanctioning bodies to learn more there.
- Youth Program
- High School Program:
- Evan Romanchuk email@example.com
Iowa Battlers Basketball: Similar to the youth baseball program. The directors of all teams are actively developing online practices and extended education opportunities for all youth club teams. They are working on delivery of basketball education for all athletes similar to what schools across the country are implementing. Not only will members of the club be expected to ‘attend’ online practices, the staff is assembling a library of daily and weekly assignments. Look for the plan moving forward in an email from the directors in the coming days. Regarding tournaments and game events, we are waiting to hear from the sanctioning bodies to learn more there. Contact: Glenn Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facility Rentals: All rentals will be granted a voucher and funds will be available for future use. Contact: Pam Mahoney email@example.com
- Basketball and Baseball Camps (Spring Break): Camps are postponed until a later date. If the recommendations of the State and Local Governments continually advise Social Distancing after May 1st, these camps will be either refunded or clients will be provided a voucher to use funds at their discretion. Contact: Basketball Glenn Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org Baseball Evan Romanchuk email@example.com
Please take this time to care for yourselves and your loved ones. While this situation is changing every day we will remain committed to continuing the education of our community.
While we will not have staff members in the building answering the phones, please look for weekly updates here on this page, Facebook, Twitter as well as our email blasts.
Questions and concerns should be appropriate Director as listed above.
Please stay safe.
Mar. 3rd, 9:45pm
Sportsplex West Community,
The well-being of our clients and staff is our top concern in this time of uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 virus. As we continue to monitor the status of this pandemic, we are committed to contributing to the safety of this wonderful community.
Starting at Noon, Friday March 13th 2020, we will be SUSPENDING all Sportsplex related activities until we make another announcement by 7pm Tuesday March 17th. We will be working tirelessly during the suspension with all staff to plan for the continued safety of our community as it relates to Sportsplex West programming.
Thank you very much for your understanding. We will have more answers for everyone as we develop policies and procedures from the direction of the State, Local and Federal Government entities during our suspension period.
We are grateful for our wonderful clients and terrific staff and will continue to provide a safe and professional environment for all.
Mar. 3rd, 4:37pm
Update on Corona Virus SportsPlex Family,
There is no higher priority to us than the safety and health of our customers. We are actively and closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus, and we are working hard to stay on top of this evolving situation.
As you are likely aware, the world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the virus named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). The health, safety and well-being of our community is always top of mind. We know many of you may have concerns with the recent outbreak of COVID-19 coronavirus. We hope this information will help address those concerns.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) currently rates the health risk of COVID-19 as low to the general public in North America. Clients who wish not to attend Sportsplex sponsored events or training are encouraged to contact the director of your respective program. We encourage anyone who is sick or has a cough, fever, or other symptoms to stay home and not to attend practices or events.
We recognize this is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. Therefore, Sportsplex is continuing to take proactive measures to support the health and welfare of customers, employees and the community, including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms, door handles, equipment, balls and other surfaces and providing disinfectant wipes and gels both at our facilities, and to teams and coaches traveling.
If, and when, the CDC, Iowa Department of Health, or local school districts provide updated guidance, we will take appropriate action and communicate those plans via our website and through any other relevant communication channels.
Over the weeks and months, we will do our utmost to keep you informed while mitigating the impact on our services.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
The CDC recommends taking the following preventative actions to lessen the spread of viruses include:
- Stay home if you or a family member is sick.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Steps to Prevent Illness
Stay informed and look for information on this virus and situation from reliable and trusted expert sources:
- World Health Organization
- Coronavirus FAQ
- S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Dallas County Health Department
- Polk County Health Department
Thanks – SportsPlex West Management